Committed to join forces, advance, protect, preserve and enhance the mutual interests, treaty rights, sovereignty and cultural way of life of the sovereign tribes of Michigan throughout the next seven generations.
The next United Tribes of Michigan meeting will be hosted by Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians on October 15, 2010.
- It will be held at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, 100 Grand Traverse Village Boulevard, PO Box 404, Acme, MI 49610.
- A block of rooms has been reserved for the night of October 14th.
- To reserve your room at the group rate of $89.00 (plus a resort fee of $14.95) please call 800-748-0303, then follow the automated prompts to ‘Group Reservations’.
- Tell the reservation agent that you are making a reservation for the United Tribes of Michigan Meeting.
- We are working on the agenda and if you have suggested items please email or phone me with those suggestions.
- We will be having an informal reception from 6-8 PM on Thursday the 14th for those people who will be staying the night. We will begin on the 15th with a continental breakfast at 7am followed by the meeting at 8:30am.
- We expect the meeting to end approximately 3pm.
Special Note: GL Tribal/1st Nations Meeting Postponed
Sept. 14, 2010
The Great Lakes Tribal and First Nations leaders meeting planned for October 5, 6, and 7, 2010 has been postponed until February, 2011. I will continue to assist the Chiefs of Ontario and the Anishinabek Joint Commission to plan this event for February.